Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Strawberry Apple Kale Ginger Juice



On top of my fridge is a collection of appliances that we rarely use. Among them is a juicer. It was free and Keith begged me to take it, saying "I'll use it!"


Six months (and half an inch of dust) later, I'm now learning how to use it since I'm not allowed to get rid of it. I am currently on a soft food diet because I just got my wisdom teeth out, so it seemed like a good time to try juicing out.


This juice recipe has sweetness from the strawberries, the crisp tart taste of the apples, and the zing from the ginger, but none of the kale flavor!





Strawberry Apple Kale Ginger Juice

5 large Pink Lady (or Granny Smith) apples
6 strawberries
6 kale leaves
2 inch piece of ginger


Cut the apples in half, and then into quarters. Top the strawberries and peel the ginger. Put everything into your juicer, according to the manufacturer's instructions.




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet sweet comment and shout out about the pita bread! I'm glad you liked it. I also found that all of mine didn't create pockets but I made it for the purpose of dipping so I didn't even realize it until way later. I think they'll create better pockets if let it rest longer after rolling out the rounds next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! They disappeared very fast around here - I think my boyfriend ate them with every meal. I didn't create them for pockets either, but I'll have to give that a try next time. It can't hurt to know how to do it!

    ReplyDelete