Monday, January 31, 2011

Washington Welcome

Hello there! I'm Mary, a 22 year old recent grad from the University of Washington. I live in the greater Seattle area and just moved out with my boyfriend Keith last May.



I've been really interested in cooking since then and love to try new recipes. For a while now I have been wanting to start a blog to share my cooking successes and catastrophic failures, and hopefully get a few tips from other cooks!

From spring to fall I am an avid photographer. However, since most of my photography is taken outdoors, I don't get the chance to practice much in the winter.



I am hoping that food photography will help me to continue to practice during the winter, and encourage me to try fresh produce the rest of the year. My goals are to improve my indoor photography skills (setting the scene and lighting), my still life skills, and to get out into local farmer's markets and cook with the seasons. The camera I am using is a Fujifilm S1500. With natural lighting (when I can get it here in the Pacific Northwest!) or a simple desk lamp reflected off of a kitchen wall, and diffused with a cloth.





What can you expect to see? Lots and lots of baked goods. Crockpot recipes. Fresh seasonal goodies. Mexican dishes (The Boyfriend's favorite). Asian and Italian dishes (my favorites). Smoothies. And other random experiments!




What won't you see? Citrus foods (I'm allergic - this is one of my greatest life regrets). A lot of red meat (I eat it maybe once every other month). Grilling (no BBQ in this apartment!).


Stick around for some food, some fun stories, and some Pacific Northwest adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment